Friday, June 27, 2008

I QUIT!

Well, if you are reading this, you know me, and you KNOW I'm never still and am always up for a new adventure. First of all, my long time job of working for Ken's Signs is finally coming to and end.........seriously!!! I finally have an official QUIT DATE! LOL! January 1st I will no longer work for Ken's full-time.....I'm kinda on a "on call list" but won't be going in to work every day. I'll still be on the payroll for emergencies and if I feel like selling a sign I can make commission on the sale...but that's about the extent of it......but today I bought a Laser Engraver. I'm hoping to supplement my income from my faux painting and canvas biz with doing a little engraving and etching on the side. I can make signs, stone signs for yards/patio and you name it, anything that comes to mind. When I get it going I'll post some pics. I'm hoping to do fun raisers for schools. I've got a really cool idea and as soon as I do one for Kennedy I'll post pics of it. I'm relieved that I'm finally able to "retire" from Ken's, it's been a good ride, but I'm ready to move on to something new. My dad is also retiring, and my brother will take over.......so overall everyone is happy ........I think!

No comments: